The foundation is committed to advancing education and learning as its primary objective.
Going forward, the foundation will assess unmet needs in the community that could contribute towards sustainability and improved livelihood of people in the Arab community through education and learning.
‘One Million Arab Coders’ Initiative -participation mechanism:
The ‘One Million Arab Coders’ initiative includes a unique, integrated educational program that is divided into several phases over a period of two years, through which a specialized software and programming curriculum is presented every three months.
- Students and trainers will be able to participate by registering on the initiative’s website.
- An online software development (coding) course will be offered.
- The first training module will start at the beginning of 2018.
- Participants will be awarded a certificate upon completion of the course.
- The top 125 coders will be recognized at the end of each cohort; with 1,000 training scholarships offered in total.
- Successfully trained participants will be granted the opportunity to participate in the ‘Arab Coders Challenge’.
- The top 10 challenge participants will be awarded $100,000.
- Instructors will also be awarded; whereby the tutor with the most videos posts and followers will receive a $50,000 reward.